Hello all. I received this absolutely gorgeous 1851 colt navy 2nd gen from my father as a gift a few years back. A little bit of a back story: My father bought this gun new in 1976. He took it home and wrapped it in the t-shirt you see in the pictures and put it in a soft case and that's where it's been ever since. He would take it out about twice a year to give the metal a light coat of oil. Other than that it was only ever taken out of the case for show and tell. It has never been shot, cocked or even touched with bare hands. Since in my possession it has received the same or better treatment. I plan to pass it down to my children some day.
Questions I have are:
1. How collectible are these particular models?
2. Roughly what is the value of these guns in this type of condition? I've done some research and have found mixed results.
3. There is no original box, however my father had a custom box made for it in the late 70's. Does the lack of original box affect it's value.
4. Are there any other interesting facts about these models that I should know?
Note: I have no intention of ever parting with this gun outside the family, asking purely out of curiosity.




Questions I have are:
1. How collectible are these particular models?
2. Roughly what is the value of these guns in this type of condition? I've done some research and have found mixed results.
3. There is no original box, however my father had a custom box made for it in the late 70's. Does the lack of original box affect it's value.
4. Are there any other interesting facts about these models that I should know?
Note: I have no intention of ever parting with this gun outside the family, asking purely out of curiosity.






















































