1851 Colt Navy
Getting some possessions insured and would like to know what this is worth. I don't need to get it "inspected" or whatever the word is by a professional unless Im claiming it's worth over a certain amount.
This is an original Colt 1851 Navy in .36 caliber. The gun appears to have been manufactured in 1863 (mid to late) according to the serial number.
All the serial numbers match.
The bad is the gun is beat all to crap and isn't in firing condition. There is also a small hairline fracture in the frame that can be seen in one of the pictures. The gun has been clean in the past 60 guaranteed but I cant say before that.
This revolver was WELL used and was carried all across the US in covered wagon and then later up into Canada.
I also have the complete history of the original owner.







Getting some possessions insured and would like to know what this is worth. I don't need to get it "inspected" or whatever the word is by a professional unless Im claiming it's worth over a certain amount.
This is an original Colt 1851 Navy in .36 caliber. The gun appears to have been manufactured in 1863 (mid to late) according to the serial number.
All the serial numbers match.
The bad is the gun is beat all to crap and isn't in firing condition. There is also a small hairline fracture in the frame that can be seen in one of the pictures. The gun has been clean in the past 60 guaranteed but I cant say before that.
This revolver was WELL used and was carried all across the US in covered wagon and then later up into Canada.
I also have the complete history of the original owner.







Last edited:


















































