I just picked up a 1851 Adams/Deane 44 cal percussion double action only revolver. Sorry about the misnomer
It is missing the lock bar on the right side. Anyone have an idea of where I can purchase/trade for one? It's also missing the spring bar on the left side that blocks the hammer.
New pistol to me. I haven't done any work with it nor done any due diligence as to the type of bullets it shoots. I did read one article that it needs to have tight fitting balls in the cylinders to make a proper seal. I have no idea if it would handle hollow base conicals.
If anyone has actually loaded and fired one of these I would be pleased to read about your experiences.
The internals on this piece are bright and shiny.
It is missing the lock bar on the right side. Anyone have an idea of where I can purchase/trade for one? It's also missing the spring bar on the left side that blocks the hammer.
New pistol to me. I haven't done any work with it nor done any due diligence as to the type of bullets it shoots. I did read one article that it needs to have tight fitting balls in the cylinders to make a proper seal. I have no idea if it would handle hollow base conicals.
If anyone has actually loaded and fired one of these I would be pleased to read about your experiences.
The internals on this piece are bright and shiny.
Last edited:


















































