1858 44 Rem. Conversion to 45LC

Jack Brock

Regular
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Location
ABBOTSFORD
Just got it back from a gunsmith in Mission and am very happy with the work,
now to make up some loads using Trai Boss and 250 gr bullets.
Range report will follow when I can find the time. hope the picture comes out.
J
 
Last edited:
I have sent some pics out on e-mails as I'm not good at downloading to this post.
Rusty Wood Trading Co. was suggested to me by a friend and it was the best recommendation as it turned out real good. Yes Reporduction (Pietta) would not do it to an original.
J
 
Last edited:
Posted for Jack


DSCF2502.jpg

DSCF2501.jpg

DSCF2503.jpg
 
Very nice here is a pic of my original converted to 45acp or will chamber shortened 45Schofeild brass I prefer the shortened 45 Schofield. They sure make a nice looking rig when shortened like yours.Looks like a great job done
P9300012.jpg
 
Thats a fine looking arm, I opted for the 45 Colt just because I have everything to load for it now and in my other arms so thought I would just leave the reloading dies the way they are set up in the press and just change the recipe's, to and from the Cowboy loads.
 
So I guess you got that hogleg then...I have a hand screw for it here.I recalled it was a bit sloppy so I got you one when I put in a parts order...
Here's a pic
a4c9efd921.jpg

and here's my latest,a factory cartridge conversion to .44cf
c3605791ef.jpg

LeRoy's Kirst conversion is superior to the factory one imo,primarily because of the strength factor.
The ejector I built for it is 10x better than the factory one...
Would like to have the shiny new bore too...
kinda miss that good iron...:(
 
Brother...
tis kinda nice piece ain't she ;)
I am going to have to change the grips though. Trigger tends to chew my second finger up :(
Just need them a little thinner, is all.
You still have my addy? Let me know what I owe you, and I'm sure the young'uns need another treat.

Later....
 
Back
Top Bottom