The way I understand things here is that the US doesn't have the same restrictions on exporting BP cap and ball or flintlock guns as they do with cartridge guns. So you may be able to get it out of the US just fine. But hopefully someone that knows better can fill us both in. Darned if I can find the right US statuate that mentions BP guns in their export embargo.
The bigger issue would be if you CAN get it into Canada how do you get it registered. Likely best to call the CFO and find out at what stage you need to supply them with the information.
Thanks for this, BCRider, --------- I have been puzzling over this issue for a " While " Too, I remember phoning Cabelas, down in the States, a Few years ago, and guy I talked to at that time, said there was no way They could sell one to me , and ship it to Canada. He just said , He wished he could , But !! ?? ----------- Maybe things have changed, I have No Idea, wish there was a way, and Maybe there is ??? Maybe as you say, phoning the CFO is the best way to go ---- unless someone else have more Info on this Issue ?? Anyway -----------
---- And I also feel the same way about Cabelas ( Canada ) , wish to hell , it was still S.I.R., bought a lot of firarms of all types, and a lot of other stuff, over the years, as did my Dad, who years ago sold furs to them, when he run a trapline ---- I have bought nothing from them since their Change.