Hey guys,
I ended up picking up this 1859 Enfield musket though the estate sale company I work for as my boss knows I have an interest in firearms. From what I can tell, I am 99.9% sure this is an authentic Enfield. History on this particular rifle that I can gather is it was brought over from Ireland in the late 1800's and pretty much left in the corner of a basement for the next century or so.
I'm not much of an antique collector at the moment so I'm looking to sell this rifle, but not sure what a fair price would be. From my research I gather anywhere from $300-$700 or so.
If someone with more knowledge on this rifle would be able to suggest a fair price, or point me in the direction of someone who can, it would be greatly appreciated.
The condition seems to be quite good, trigger and hammer still work smooth. There is some minor surface oxidization on the metal parts of the rifle, however this looks easily enough cleaned. It is also missing the last ring on the barrel and the loading rod.
Thanks!
I ended up picking up this 1859 Enfield musket though the estate sale company I work for as my boss knows I have an interest in firearms. From what I can tell, I am 99.9% sure this is an authentic Enfield. History on this particular rifle that I can gather is it was brought over from Ireland in the late 1800's and pretty much left in the corner of a basement for the next century or so.
I'm not much of an antique collector at the moment so I'm looking to sell this rifle, but not sure what a fair price would be. From my research I gather anywhere from $300-$700 or so.
If someone with more knowledge on this rifle would be able to suggest a fair price, or point me in the direction of someone who can, it would be greatly appreciated.
The condition seems to be quite good, trigger and hammer still work smooth. There is some minor surface oxidization on the metal parts of the rifle, however this looks easily enough cleaned. It is also missing the last ring on the barrel and the loading rod.
Thanks!
Last edited:


















































