I got my newly inherited K-71 Mauser in the mail, yesterday.
It seems in pretty good shape for it's age, bore looks dirty, but probably just 50 years of dust in there. The rifling looks crisp and there is no obvious pitting that I can see through the dust. I'll give it a good cleaning later this week.
I noticed, however, it is missing the extractor, so if anyone has a lead on finding one, PM me, please.
This was my great grandfather's rifle and it was sporterized somewhere along the line, but I am glad to have it either way.
I can't wait to get ammo loaded up and shoot it!
It seems in pretty good shape for it's age, bore looks dirty, but probably just 50 years of dust in there. The rifling looks crisp and there is no obvious pitting that I can see through the dust. I'll give it a good cleaning later this week.
I noticed, however, it is missing the extractor, so if anyone has a lead on finding one, PM me, please.
This was my great grandfather's rifle and it was sporterized somewhere along the line, but I am glad to have it either way.
I can't wait to get ammo loaded up and shoot it!


















































