1873 question

Thanks dingus.:)

Those old '73's don't come up for sale too often so it's nice to get one.:cool:

I am no expert by no means but that is the first one that I've ran into in the 38-40 chambering.:dancingbanana:

Thanks to two 'top-of-the-line-there's-none-better' Gun Nutz like dizzy dan 1 & Win Shooter I have brass to start reloading for the old girl!:D

Just glad I could help,and you never know I could own that later.:D:p;) DAN>>>
 
Thanks for the clarification Meanea.:)

No problem Bill. A 1/2 Oct is a nice configuration, and yes it is too bad it was cut. Just make sure you know the value limits of this gun.
There is a 38-40
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437589
for sale now in Ontario in original condition so don't through good money after bad trying to fix up an altered gun. Sometimes it is better just to enjoy the gun the way it is without putting extra money into it. If you want an original gun better to just go buy 1. Your friend L.H. has original guns and you know what they are worth.
Meanea
 
No problem Bill. A 1/2 Oct is a nice configuration, and yes it is too bad it was cut. Just make sure you know the value limits of this gun.
There is a 38-40
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437589
for sale now in Ontario in original condition so don't through good money after bad trying to fix up an altered gun. Sometimes it is better just to enjoy the gun the way it is without putting extra money into it. If you want an original gun better to just go buy 1. Your friend L.H. has original guns and you know what they are worth.
Meanea

I know she has no collector value Meanea, but she'll be a shooter.:cool:

As for LH, when are you going to come down and meet him?:)

He's got a '92 in 44-40 (rifle) that I would like to have but he won't sell it. He's only interested in trades.:(
 
He's got a '92 in 44-40 (rifle) that I would like to have but he won't sell it. He's only interested in trades.:(

This help
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448776
???
Meanea
This 1 just sold in Ontario as well give you an idea whay an original looks like
672.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom