1873 replica's

Aren't Cimarron (and Navy Arms, and a few others) simply rebranded Uberti's?

To my knowledge Uberti and Chaparral are the only 2 manufacturers of Winchester 1873 repros.
 
Aren't Cimarron (and Navy Arms, and a few others) simply rebranded Uberti's?

To my knowledge Uberti and Chaparral are the only 2 manufacturers of Winchester 1873 repros.

Yes, but I was told by a member on this forum that Cimarron is the higher end of Uberti. Cimarron and Uberti have different websites and you'll find things on Cimarron's that you won't find on Uberti's.

Cheers!
 
Taylor & Co

U.S. company selling Uberti and others from Virginia.

Taylor & Co. are great to deal with on the U.S. side.

You can't directly buy from them here in Canada.

Epps and others import the Taylor line of Uberti.
 
Last edited:
So the Taylor's are just Uberti's?? Any difference between the two?

There should be no difference other than Taylor's name on the gun. I have a taylor's New Model Army Remington (1858) Conversion in .44 WCF (.44-40). It has Uberti stamped under the loading lever. Fit and finish are the same as other Uberti's I own.
 
So the Taylor's are just Uberti's?? Any difference between the two?

Taylor’s sell Uberti, Chiappa and Pedersoli.

Taylor’s also builds specials to go along with their regular lineup.

The Smokewagon is an 1873 single action revolver.
It's an Uberti Cattleman with tuned American made innards.

Custom built direct to you via Epps and others.

They also build custom built 1873 levers and so on.
Taylor’s Comanchero is also a specially tuned rifle.

They also have a great supply of parts, sights, accessories and cowboy action leather.

I visit Taylor’s every year when I attend the North South Skirmish Association Nationals in Winchester, Virginia.

but I am tempted to try a Chaparral to save myself a few hundred bucks

Do some research before jumping to save money.

I will not debate Chaparral vs. Uberti and so on.

Too many online catfights.

I don't have the time or patience right now.

There is a reason for the dollar difference.
 
Last edited:
Uberti vs the Chaparral 1873 lever guns can be a hotly contested point.I personally have a liking for Uberti's but when we were looking for a lever gun for my wife we looked at both.The shop we were at had a number of examples of each brand.I cycled the actions on a number of them and to my surprise the smoothest one was a Chaparral.Call it luck of the draw but That was the one I bought for my wife.She is quite happy with it and I find it shoots just as nice as my Rossi's and Uberti's.Saved a few hundred but I hand picked it.I would definitely want to handle the rifle in person and not buy it on-line.There are just to many variables there,How many people have bought lemons that are brand new never mind some of the highly represented examples on the EE.
 
Back
Top Bottom