1876 info

steveb30

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my stepfather has a winchester 1876 rifle with the octogon shaped barrel, the serial # is 37114 any info about these guns and a ballpark value would be much appreciated thanks
 
I wrote an article about the Winchester 1876 which you can download at ht****tp://www.leverguns.com/articles/1876.pdf . From the serial number, the '76 you mention was probably made in 1883, although I had one that was also made in 1883 according to Madis' data (which is usually what you find on the web), but a factory letter showed it was actually received the the warehouse in 1886. I have found that a particular '76 can be shipped a number of years later than the general date. As to value, you would need to post some photos. At the low end, if it is still functional, and has never been messed with (never had the wood sanded and refinished, never been reblued, never had extra holes drilled, etc.) it might be worth $2,500. If it is in mint condition and is a deluxe version, it could be worth $50,000. Most '76's that I've seen are worth more like $2,500 to $3,200 but only if they've never been messed with. Photos would really help, taken outside.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom