1877 colt thunderer in .41 colt

Hi all, ive been out of the loop for awhile. Im thinking of selling my colt thunderer in 41 colt. Its a project gun. I bought it along time ago, and was going to fix her up. Grips arnt original, bore is ok to good i believe. Cylinder needs some work in the timing. Loading port door pops open when dry firing, but is not loose. Finish id say isnt original, but shows well. looks to be 4.5 inch bbl. This is an antique in .41 colt with RCMP papers. Anyone care to guess a value
Thanks,
Andy
2l893tj.jpg

33blb7r.jpg
 
Tough one. Antique shooters are valuable in Canada, Colts are arguably the most valuable of all. That being said, your gun needs work - and the 1877 is notoriously hard to work on, and isn’t a popular model up here. Parts are made, but they are almost non-existent in Canada and the boutique parts producers in the US refuse to ship north.

I’m a Colt collector - I’d pay $500 probably, but I’ve worked on these. Someone with skill and parts - or someone completely ignorant of the skills and scarcity of the parts - may pay considerably more. I’d say put it on the EE for $900 - $1200 and Walt for the “right” buyer.
 
Back
Top Bottom