While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I have an 1878 new frontier in .41 long colt. They are fairly rare - I think that they only built 500 of them or so in .41 (I have the Wilkerson book at home and could check out the actual numbers - but I think that I am close)
I understood it as the "Bisley" model never came in .41
While looking to buy some Thunderers, I ran across a guy I know and he has a Bisley. Claims its all original and bought new by his grandfather.
Colt did make a Bisley model - which is different from the 1878 new frontier - is built on the same frame as a colt single action army (1873 model) but has a different grip and hammer and was intended for target shooting, although many ended up on the frontier. Colt did make the Bisley in .41 long colt, but most are post 1898. You seldom see many Bisleys that were made before 1898. If you do a search on gunbroker you can see pictures.
Ok, I called Tom back. Seems we got our wires crossed in communication. He has a double action, 1878 New Frontier Colt. .41 cal, with the "bisley" style laid back hammer.
I understood it as the "Bisley" model never came in .41
While looking to buy some Thunderers, I ran across a guy I know and he has a Bisley. Claims its all original and bought new by his grandfather.
I'm the proud owner of a '96 Bisley, in .41 lc... And an early "Thunderer", also in .41. Would sure love a New Frontier, and SAA, to add to that caliber group!