1878 Tranter Army Model cal.450

DEZ

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well I thought I would share a pic with everyone Had this one out today boy it sure didn't disappoint it's accuracy rivaled my Colt SAA it is simply a massive well built handgun .The # stamped on it in the second pic indicate it was sold to New Zealand these things sure travel around the world . it has a side eject very much like a SAA except it is a double action gun .Any body else have one or any more info please chime in .
P5230029.jpg

P5230030.jpg
 
Very well made guns.
I have a break open action 1879 Tranter thats factory engraved. im very attached to it.
I never got a 1878 model yet but its on my list of guns to get.
 
Last edited:
That is a fine looking piece Dez. Kind of reminds me of Webley No 5 Army Express.
Not to derail this thread but I wonder why we don't see much of that model in Canada?
 
That is a fine looking piece Dez. Kind of reminds me of Webley No 5 Army Express.
Not to derail this thread but I wonder why we don't see much of that model in Canada?

Thats one of the reasons why I bought it as it reminded me of the Webley No 5 I wonder who influenced who .
 
Nice Tranter! Yours is a little different; most of the examples and pictures I've seen have an unfluted cylinder.
 
Nice Tranter! Yours is a little different; most of the examples and pictures I've seen have an unfluted cylinder.

The ones with the unfluted cylinders are the 1863 and the 1868 models
the model 1879 has a top break and side lever. The 1878 model does seem harder to find .
 
Back
Top Bottom