1892 8mm french revolver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's also get something else straight, you weren't the only nameless "idiot stick" in the ad, I was referring to. There was one other person who backed out one day before you PMed me saying you'll buy it.

His PMs are saved as well.
 
Last edited:
Let's get a couple things straight.

It's my gun, and my ad. I don't own any "de-registered" antique status firearms. I placed the ad awhile back, and since have had a lot of people asking me to do the required paper work to have it declared an antique, get it removed from the registry, and then sell them the gun and ammo. Obviously trying to have an unregistered pistol in their possession, however it still comes back as the last registered owner, ME. Let's call a spade a spade..

No disrespect but I can't help but leave a fyi reply, there is no paper work involved, you just call cfc and ask for a tech and tell them what you want.

Also, you mentioned the unregistered pistol thing in the context of an antique firearm/forum like it's a bad thing. I don't think you will get much sympathy here in that regard. It's not like there is a plethora of antique firearms/owners involved in illegal activities. Secondly, your revolver is not a prescribed antique so there is no realistic concern of it being deregistered.
 
No disrespect but I can't help but leave a fyi reply, there is no paper work involved, you just call cfc and ask for a tech and tell them what you want.

Also, you mentioned the unregistered pistol thing in the context of an antique firearm/forum like it's a bad thing. I don't think you will get much sympathy here in that regard. It's not like there is a plethora of antique firearms/owners involved in illegal activities. Secondly, your revolver is not a prescribed antique so there is no realalistic concern of it being deregistered.
You can't be serious? You think there isn't a paper trail involving a firearm proclaimed "antique" that was once a restricted firearm? Ya, all the registration paper work is destroyed....... Ya right... Well kid, let me tell you the one about the three bears.

I don't give a sh|t if it is a "concern" or not. I ain't doing it, so it doesn't concern me.

BTW, get to know your legislation better before shooting off your mouth.
 
An unfortunate situation. I can understand both points of view and i don't see either party as trying to take advantage of the other.

I think someone made an assumption on antique status without fully understanding what antique status is. An honest mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. The 1902 dated barrel is a glaringly obvious red flag.

I bought my first antique from Dingus about 3 years ago. It was a French M1892 as well. It was advertised as antique in the antique section. I PMed a couple questions and then i bought it. Great little gun and a perfect transaction. The point of my story is - for your first antique, don't try to make it too complicated.

Buy something that already comes with the antique letter. As you learn you can move into the more complicated stuff. We do this for the fun, supposedly, and situations like this aren't enjoyable for anyone.
 
You can't be serious? You think there isn't a paper trail involving a firearm proclaimed "antique" that was once a restricted firearm? Ya, all the registration paper work is destroyed....... Ya right... Well kid, let me tell you the one about the three bears.



Again respectfully,the process to deregister a previously registered(restricted or prohibited) precribed antique is not as onerous as you implied in your original post.

I have been through this process but please feel free to correct me if there is something about the process that I neglected to mention or that highlights my poor insight of the the legislation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom