1895 6mm Win-Lee; anyone shoot one?

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
I'm thinking of getting mine out of the mothballs.
Winchester-Lee005.jpg

Anyone here ever shot one?
S & S has a bolt for me; or so their site says.
Has anyone ever dealt with them?
Should I be posting this in reloading as I'm sure there will be no brass anywhere for this sucker?
 
I am pretty sure it is 303 shells that I made my shells from. I used .243 slugs; 236 is the bore diameter not the groove diameter. The only thing I have not been able to do is come up with the charger clips that allow the gun to shoot as a repeater

cheers mooncoon
 
I wonder if S&S would sell bolt parts to our side of the border? I need a bolt and a few other parts for Lee Navy.
Anyone deal with S&S?
 
Make the brass from 220 Swift cases. Use a rn 105 gr ,or heavier if possible, bullet. Original bullet was 135 gr shortly changed to 112 gr. Despite some published claims the Lee mag works fine without the clip by filling the mag one round at a time.
 
I wonder if S&S would sell bolt parts to our side of the border? I need a bolt and a few other parts for Lee Navy.
Anyone deal with S&S?
I just got a return e-mail from Phil this morning, he cannot supply a complete bolt...:(
Maybe I'll let mine go to help fund refurbing my as of last night latest project...Bubba'd 1894 man'd 30-40 Krag...with a great bore. Pic's to follow later today.
And thanks for the tip on S & S, QM 86, 87. Even though it didn't play out I appreciate it as much as if it had.
 
Norton out of Wisconsin is now remanufacturing the 1895 U S Winchester Lee Navy rifles in 6mm navy calibre.
Brass is being factory made at a couple places too,but they claim not to ship to Canada.
 
Last edited:
There is an article on the 1895 Lee straight pull rifle in the Guns & Ammo Surplus Firearms magazine on display until 03/05/2012. The author mentions using 100 grain Hornady .243 bullets and modified .220 Swift brass.
 
Back
Top Bottom