1897 Slamfire vid using black powder.

Was that the Norinco repro? I got a chance to run couple rounds through their 1897 trench gun a couple years ago, man shotguns with no trigger disconnect are fun!
 
Its a real 1897 it was cut down and had some dodgy repairs I was able to overcome. It was actually made in the late 40's of early 50's. I have a model 12 I would like to make into a trench gun but I don't dare hurt the good barrel I have but maybe I can find a spare and do a nice 19 Inch barrel etc.
 
At ant CAS event, you can see '97's being shot that fast and faster with BP - hitting every time. And that's just the ladies .... ;>)
 
At ant CAS event, you can see '97's being shot that fast and faster with BP - hitting every time. And that's just the ladies .... ;>)


IF I wasn't already married:evil:

It was fun and I'd like to make some shells out of full brass with a big round ball or some 38 cal buckshot. Its clean now so back in the safe for a little while.
 
Would love to have one (even a norinco version) thanks for sharing the video looks like a blast, BP loads are nice and smokey haha.
 
IF I wasn't already married:evil:

It was fun and I'd like to make some shells out of full brass with a big round ball or some 38 cal buckshot. Its clean now so back in the safe for a little while.

problem with brass is it need s slight roll crimp to work in a pump need special dies to do this and most is too wide to support the normal .690" or even a .730" round ball(11ga wads are need with most brass).some plastic hulls with a donut wad under the ball to keep it centered and then melted bp lube poured around the ball as a concentrator and to lube it id say a .690" ball because it close to 1 1/8oz maybe a little more bp then a 1 1/8oz load though. oh and ive gotten away with 0000 buck in plastic hulls by using card wads my loads are smokeless though :D
 
Back
Top Bottom