1907 Winchester 1894 in 32 w.s.

Fore300

Regular
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Location
Southern Alberta
Hello,

I have an interesting piece I have picked up but have long a hard time getting some info on or if it has any value or if it’s more of a wall hanger

The serial number lists it as a 1907 production and this has a half octagon and half round barrel
Everything looks to be functioning well and smoothly , no cracks or damage to the stock other then some dings etc.
The front sight appears to have been a repaired crudely done dove tail
It is chambered in a 32ws which I haven’t found much on.

Also I would like to clean it up. Is there a way to clean the nickel steel to remove some of the tarnish or is it best to leave it on there?

Thanks for any help
 
it actually looks quite nice condition. Thing with the Winchesters is that the guys who collect want them original and unmessed with. don't clean the metal other than oiling it. the front sight base is original, the blade is not. looks like it may even be coin silver...

check here to see if there is a letter available for it: https://centerofthewest.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/2019-Winchester-List.pdf

you can still buy .32WS commercial ammo ... no issues for reloading stuff either.

the half round/half octagon is specially desirable.

nice gun - don't muck about with it ;)
 
Thanks I felt I likely shouldn’t touch it other then a basic wipe. It is in pretty good condition from the looks of it but I am not 00% what to be looking for other then everything feels tight and bore looks fine
Thanks again
 
Back
Top Bottom