1913 Model '94 .32 WS

BongoBob

Regular
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
This old lever gun just surfaced in my family.
1913 Winchester Model '94 in .32 WS
Any idea what it's worth etc? It's in fairly good condition, the bore is VG.
It has the half octagon, half round barrel.
Some pieces are missing from the rear sight. Any idea where to find proper replacements?

Cheers,
BongoBob

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg
 
Looks like a nice old rifle. The half round barrel was a special order item. It has an odd length mag tube, don't know if you would call it 2/3 length or not. It may have been cut back from a full magazine, is there a small blind hole in the end of the barrel directly opposite the front sight that a full length mag cap retainer screw bottomed out in? If not it was probably ordered that way. BTW the rear sight is a .32 WS Smokeless sight also a special order option, parts for it are hard to get, probably easier to get the whole sight. Barrel should be a 26 inch. Value? around here you would be doing well to get $800 as is, not much finish left. I like them but .32 WS chambered 1894 rifles are the least sought after chambering, don't really know why. Others may have a different opinion on value.
 
It does look like an odd length for the mag tube, should be about an inch shorter I would say, but then it could be just the pic too. I have the same gun + T/D feature. Yours has very little finish left & looks rough. If it has a good bore I'd suggest $600.
 
That is a cool old rifle and a valuable family heirloom regardless of "collector" value. You are a lucky man tofind a piece of family history like that.

I hope you can hold onto it for future generations, but if i was to put a value on it I would say $600-$700 assuming VG mechanical and bore condition, maybe more if the magazine is a special order and not a modification.

I have a similar looking M94 26" 32-40 with a FL mag that I would not sell unless i was starving - it belonged to my GGF and was carried while he worked on the Bittern Lake Ranch in central AB about 110 years ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom