1929 Winchester model 55 30W C.F.

royalspenny

New member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Peterborough
So I inherited this from my grandfather and I know from what my grandmother has told me he used it for deer. It's definitely been well used but she still shoots like a beauty and I haven't had any problems with the one box I've put through it. Not really looking to sell it due to sentimental reasons, I'm just looking for opinions on whether I should keep shooting it or not. thanks
 
sweet you can shoot her for as long as you can then your son and his son can keep right on shooting her ,she will out last this generation and most likely the next with a little care and oil from time to time ,nice gun ,enjoy her and get her out on deer hunt or a bear hunt ,that's what she was made for Dutch
 
One of the models I would love to have and cherish. Take it out and roam the woods on a nice bright and sunny fall day. Walk a mile or two with your Grandad , it's a great feeling. Dave
 
Use it all you like. I find the crescent butt odd, not model 55 at all. Should have a shotgun butt instead of the old rifle style. Perhaps the original was broken and replaced at some point?
Looks like it has been drilled for a side mount, really takes it out of the collector rifle group. The 55 was originally all takedown models and solid frame guns were made later on in production. I think the only Winchester rifle where the takedowns are more common than solid frame.
 
You might look for a Lyman 21 rear sight for it, although it appears to have been one for an 1886 winchester as it has had 2 extra holes drilled and tapped
. I would recommend disassembling it as little as possible.
 
Back
Top Bottom