1973 vs 1993 manufactured 7.62x39... much difference?

CanuckShooter

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Has anyone noticed any difference between the '73 and '93 manufacture crates of 7.62x39? Any difference in accuracy/consistency, duds, etc?
 
My experience... No duds in two crates of 1961 production marked crates. Accuracy was typical 3 moa or so, with the odd flyer. I would be willing to say the flyers could have been due to me rather than the ammo.
 
Thanks. Any idea why some places sell a crate for $160, while others sell for $230+?

Is it just markup, or is some of the ammo of a lesser quality?
 
The stuff I have seen is all Czech, 1120rds... some as low as $160, some as high as $230. Just can't figure out the reason for the price diff.
 
Having taken examples of both apart:

Older stuff is some kind of fine grained stick powder, and chronographs about 2360-ish FPS.

Newer stuff looks like some kind of ball powder, and chronographs around 2440-ish FPS.


I have only sampled from one crate on each -- for all I know, they varied widely even amongst any given year, depending on what the Czech's could readily lay hands on for components that day.

??
 
Back
Top Bottom