.204 and varmints

"...be reasonably accurate..." You'd have to try a box to find out how well your rifle shoots 'em, but a 29 grain .22 LR kills 'em.
"...they CHARGE when wounded..." Wounded groung hogs charge too. Solids. snicker.
 
Ive had great success with both the 32 and 40gr V-Max in my Rem XR-100. 32s can make gophers pop like grenades. I've got some pics of the carnage on my old cell phone, but I dont think I should post it. I did most of my gopher shooting with the 40 grain. Furthest gopher was a couple yards shy of 400yds. I've also tried 39 grain Sierra Blitzkings, but my rifle doesn't seem to like them as much. My only real advice: don't shoot all the gophers, leave some to breed and multiply. We shot gophers for years on our hay field with .22 long rifles. Then I upgraded to the .204 for a summer (about 3 years ago)and wiped them out. Havent been able to shoot a gopher on our hay field since.
 
Back
Top Bottom