.204 Ruger ammo for Savage Predator...

jakfrost

Regular
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Location
Eastern Ontario
Anyone know of a favourite flavour for the Predator? The gun is on its way and its a new caliber for me, I will have to use factory ammo until I can get set up to roll my own...

Hoping I might save some money, before I buy a bunch of ammo only to find the gun likes another brand/weight better...not that it won't be fun to run a bunch of ammo thru it, just it can get costly when you are buying the factory stuff :redface:

Jim
 
I have have/had several different 204's and they all seem to shoot the Hornaday 32gr v-max. I am starting to play with the Federal Premium 39 gr and this seem to be the best of the heavier bullets.
 
I have have/had several different 204's and they all seem to shoot the Hornaday 32gr v-max. I am starting to play with the Federal Premium 39 gr and this seem to be the best of the heavier bullets.

I tried the factory 39gr in 2 rifles and it didn't shoot very well, I know have some hand loads with that same bullet that are superb.
The Hornady factory ammo seems to be the most accurate. FS
 
Thanks guys, based on the nod towards the 32gr vmax I just (FRAUD ALERT)'d a guy some funds for 300 32gr Hornady's that he had left over after the sale of his .204 gun.

Seemed like a good deal, $225.00 for the ammo, plus 700 unfired brass, plus the Lyman collet dies and bullet holder. I just wanted to feel they were a good round for the Savage before committing to the buy.

Jim
 
Back
Top Bottom