22 cal tracer rounds (with video)

chalkriver

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
175   0   0
Location
Ontario
I want some of these !!
Any ideas how to get some here in canukistan ?

[youtube]wht6OMKBdc4&NR[/youtube]


h ttp://pineymountainammunitionco.com/products.html
 
I would most definately buy some. Way cool. had some about ten yrs ago. Cant find them anywhere?, and Im not sure of the legality of them in Kanada anymore.???
 
Found some at cabella,s.ca but they want $100 for 250 rounds...:eek:
Thats 20 bucks a box plus tax and shipping.

You get a "free" dry box with the order though.
 
homer-doh-square.jpg


Your right ...

Typed in cabellas.ca on goggle but i ended up on the US site last time....Too bad as I wouldnt mind a box or two.
 
Too much fire hazard for outdoor shooters. I'd rather not see them in Canada, and I rarely feel that way about anything! Yahoo's shooting tracers in the woods = lot's more forest fires.

Ya right! There's been how many forest fires started by shooting tracers in the woods lately? I've shot a few hundred x39 tracer in northern Ontario the last couple years so I guess I'm the one who started those couple hundred forest fires that were started by tracer fire .

Does shooting tracer instead of fmj or sp ammo make an avid shooter a yahoo? Maybe we should ban ammo all together just to be safe as sparks from the burning powder can start forest fires.

Come on man think! Do we really have a problem with yahoo's in the wood's shooting tracer's starting forest fires?
 
I don't think the tracers are the problem ..... it's the "yahoos" that's the problem. They give us all a bad name regardless of location. I think like any firearm or ammo, it's the responsible, conscientious use that would allow for safe shooting. We don't need yahoos with firearms in the woods, gravel pit etc or on the range. Like they say ..... it's the nut behind the wheel you have to worry about! Make sure you have a safe backstop and inspect the impact area after. Maybe wait 30 minutes & check again? Shoot near water & douse the impact area before you leave? There are lots of preventative measures that can be taken.

Just because some yahoo starts a fire, should we all pay the consequences? I think responsible, law abiding shooters are over regulated enough already!
 
Just received an e-mail from pineymountain who make the ammo....
no export license :(

Too bad that would be fun to try again....reminds me of the FNC1 and a 20 round mag full of tracers...lol
 
No , The army is funny like that....they wouldnt let me keep it when I got out...lol

I did buy an Indian version from S.I.R in Montreal years ago ..It was $180 bucks and 1000 rounds for another $100 or so...the good old days.
Sold it off before the regulations changed it to prohibited
 
I'm not going to say that tracers don't start fires; but srsly... matches are a way more realistic hazard.

I mean, come on! Next we'll be saying that people that are farsighted shouldn't go into the bush, because while they are lounging around with a novel, if they take their reading glasses off to have a snooze in the sun, they could catch the whole province on fire!!
 
I've only shot tracers once, with my SKS and man was a shocked to see the deflection off the target, it's was a normal wood backed target on a normal range! Quite neat, me personally I kept em for when snow was on the ground (and it gets dark early).
 
During or right after a good rain shower is all it takes to keep things safe... It's the dry grass that catches fire around the impact area usually... Good to have a fire extinguisher handy... But apart from that, there is not much danger from tracers. If they were that bad, the whole world would be afire as every army in the world uses tracers all the time!
 
During or right after a good rain shower is all it takes to keep things safe... It's the dry grass that catches fire around the impact area usually... Good to have a fire extinguisher handy... But apart from that, there is not much danger from tracers. If they were that bad, the whole world would be afire as every army in the world uses tracers all the time!

I agree, but your talking about common sense, a rare commodity in the modern world. Being a B.C. boy, almost every summer is full of devastating forest fires, half of which are started by careless campers and such. As a result, camfire bans and huge fines for careless smokers exist. The problem with tracers in a crown land shoot, is that a lot of shooters Rambo it up, and are not aware of where there rounds land, never mind the fire conditions. You go live in one of the towns that live with the fear of losing everything every summer, and then look me in the eye and tell me it's a good idea. Frankly, I don't think tracers should be banned, but I wouldn't use them in summer conditions if I had a case. While I am aware that glass bottles and cigarettes probably cause most of man-made fires, I don't intend on hosing down burning projectiles after a shoot, so I'd best stick with hot ones, rather than burning ones.
 
Back
Top Bottom