22 hornet ammo

west250

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Location
Vancouver Island
Hello all,

I want to pick your collective brains: I'm looking for cheap 22 hornet ammo, has anyone seen any deals around? I see Cabelas in the states has a good deal on a case of 200 but of course that magic line at the 49th will prohibit me from taking advantage of that. Any ideas?
 
Hello all,

I want to pick your collective brains: I'm looking for cheap 22 hornet ammo, has anyone seen any deals around? I see Cabelas in the states has a good deal on a case of 200 but of course that magic line at the 49th will prohibit me from taking advantage of that. Any ideas?

Good round, but I've yet to see any deals for it off my reloading bench.
 
Hey west250,

A buddy of mine has a .22 Hornet, I noticed a FS thread on here a little while ago for .22 Hornet ammo and I sent him the link. He figured he had enough ammo and passed on contacting the seller.

You may want to pm him and see if he has any left, seemed like a good deal to me considering what it sells for in the stores.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655133

Good luck.
 
the hornet was one of the first cartridges that I reloaded for. I shoot several thousand rounds per year through this gun, and factory ammo would definitely been cost prohibitive. Reloading for this cartridge alone has probably paid for the cost of the reloading equipment needed, and it means that I can shoot it for about the same cost as a magnum rimfire (but more accurate, more fun, and more powerful)
 
I still reload for my Hornet. Even 20 years ago, the cost of factory ammo for it was a little rich formy taste - I think in the first summer I made back what I spent on the dies for it.
 
Reloading seems to be the path for me, so I'm in the 'saving brass' mode right now. It's a fun little caliber to shoot, and it would be great to find a couple hundred rounds of pre-rolled to boost my brass collection.
I have a few inquiries out there, and will most likely pm the member in the thread link above... Fun shooter, pricey ammo!
 
While I'd "K" any Hornet that I had, the round is very inexpensive to reload with cast bullets and is just as effective as it is with jacketed bullets at the cost of rimfire ammo.
 
You can buy brass, bullets, primers and powder and assemble your own for less than factory loads for some reason. Once you have the brass, the reloads are lots cheaper. Lee collet neck sizing dies are your best buddy with the .22 hornet, full length resizing is seldom a good idea with this rimmed and thin brass case.
 
Back
Top Bottom