.22 Savage Hi Power

LawrenceN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
248   0   0
I've been asked by a buddy to look into the availability of this cartridge, also known as the 5.5 X 52R. He has the Savage rifle for it, but has no idea where to get ammo. He lives in Manitoba, and there's nothing local. The gun shop he went to in Brandon can't even get him .300 Savage ammo, let alone the oddball stuff. Any of you wise gentlemen know who may be able to get me some of this stuff?
 
You're not going to find it, other than old stuff for horrendously high prices at gun shows, once in a blue moon. It hasn't been loaded commercially, other than in Europe, for decades. You might find someone that is a stocking dealer for RWS or Norma, but they likely won't be willing to order it unless a sizable amount is ordered, and then you have the difficulty of not readily being able to ship live ammo. He should maybe sell the gun, or better yet, get into reloading - it's really the only viable way of shooting the obsolete and oddball.
 
He wont get it shipped from natchezss as they are in the US, and the way the laws are now for him to drive firearm stuff like ammo across the border he would have better luck keeping it in something less suspicious like bags of cocaine.:yingyang:
If he wants to keep shooting it then he will have to take up reloading or just by the odd box for $money$ at gunshows. PS He could try epps sporting goods in ontario
 
There is a member on here that has about 10 boxes left.I bought 2 from him so I can reload once its fired.He does not reload so makeing it out of 25-35 is out.DAN>>>
Sorry I can not remember who it was but if I find his handle I will PM you.
 
.22 savage high power

Thanks for the name (Grizz) but unless I'm using the search engine wrong, I couldn't find anyone posting under that name. The hunt continues!



There is a member on here that has about 10 boxes left.I bought 2 from him so I can reload once its fired.He does not reload so makeing it out of 25-35 is out.DAN>>>
Sorry I can not remember who it was but if I find his handle I will PM you.
 
Back
Top Bottom