jlouttit Member Rating - 100% 20 0 0 Location Ontario Jul 5, 2010 #1 Anyone know what I have here, maybe its origin? Thanks.
rimfire78 Regular Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Location Hollywood Jul 5, 2010 #4 I bought some Russian 7.62x54R packaged the same way, with the red dye around the primer too. - It is corrosive.
I bought some Russian 7.62x54R packaged the same way, with the red dye around the primer too. - It is corrosive.
mildot CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rating - 100% 277 0 1 Jul 5, 2010 #5 I had some in the green box, is it that bad?
C crashcollins CGN Ultra frequent flyer EE Expired Rating - 100% 17 0 0 Location Georgetown Ontario Jul 5, 2010 #7 Isn't that Chinese? I don't think it's Czech
S saskcop CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rating - 100% 75 0 0 Location Saskatchewan Jul 5, 2010 #8 It is Czech. I have shot off tons of it. I think the primer is crimped, etc. Shot many rounds through a mini 14 with no probs.
It is Czech. I have shot off tons of it. I think the primer is crimped, etc. Shot many rounds through a mini 14 with no probs.
P12 CGN frequent flyer Rating - 100% 23 0 0 Location Georgetown Jul 5, 2010 #9 Where did you buy it, is any more of it available. That ammo dosen't look safe, I volunteer to test every round
Where did you buy it, is any more of it available. That ammo dosen't look safe, I volunteer to test every round
Craig0ry CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rating - 100% 239 0 0 Location Southen Alberta Jul 5, 2010 #10 P12 said: Where did you buy it, is any more of it available. That ammo dosen't look safe, I volunteer to test every round Click to expand... I dont want to but I will help you out as well P12..... It will be tuff work
P12 said: Where did you buy it, is any more of it available. That ammo dosen't look safe, I volunteer to test every round Click to expand... I dont want to but I will help you out as well P12..... It will be tuff work
CanAm Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor Rating - 99.7% 324 1 0 Location Vancouver, BC Jul 5, 2010 #11 Czech and almost certainly non-corrosive. A very nice find BTW.
B BANNED CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rating - 100% 241 0 0 Location Central AB Breton/DV Jul 5, 2010 #12 I can't see the OP's photos but red "dye" is just sealant. Used on many types of Mil and Civi ammo.
C crashcollins CGN Ultra frequent flyer EE Expired Rating - 100% 17 0 0 Location Georgetown Ontario Jul 6, 2010 #13 Wow you learn something new here every day, I have one box of that and always thought it was Chinese.
Wow you learn something new here every day, I have one box of that and always thought it was Chinese.
T twoshots CGN frequent flyer Rating - 100% 97 0 0 Location ON Jul 6, 2010 #14 good on ya, keep stocking up, we'll shoot when I get home.
jlouttit Member Rating - 100% 20 0 0 Location Ontario Jul 6, 2010 #15 Good to hear from ya Twoshots. And P12 as for more of this stuff I believe this was the only one at my local shop.
Good to hear from ya Twoshots. And P12 as for more of this stuff I believe this was the only one at my local shop.
voere270 Regular EE Expired Rating - 99.2% 121 1 0 Location Somewhere in Libtario Jul 7, 2010 #17 Is your shop planning on bringing any more in?
CanAm Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor Rating - 99.7% 324 1 0 Location Vancouver, BC Jul 7, 2010 #19 There isn't any left to bring in. You can buy the same stuff from your local dealer. It is Sellier & Bellot 223 Rem FMJ.
There isn't any left to bring in. You can buy the same stuff from your local dealer. It is Sellier & Bellot 223 Rem FMJ.