.223 gopher round

i have not shot gophers yet but i have gotten good groups with barnes varmint grenades with 26.5gr of bl-c 2 powder. and winchester small rifle primers.

What bullet weight would that be? I have found them to be very innaccurate in all weights. I loaded them with Benchmark, though....
 
if the win bulk stuff will shoot for you, it will be fine. It would not group better than 3" in my Savage. it took much reloading to finally find something that will shoot.. that being 55g Nosler Btips ahead of H335
 
Varmint grenades blow chunks - not in a good way.

I've had excellent success with 55gr VMAX over 24.5 grains of AA2230 powder. Blows gophers into tiny little morsels. Tons of fun!

I wouldn't use them on coyote that I want to harvest the pelt though... but it DOES kill them! :)
 
I also vote for the white box winchester hollow points. I tried some American eagle at the 40 yard indoor range and they grouped over an inch. The winchesters left a ragged hole....I'd say probably about half and inch at 100 yards.

I'd say the Winchester is VERY accurate.
 
Back
Top Bottom