.223 PMC FMJ ammo, what do you think of it?

GunGuy34

BANNED
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
BANNED
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Location
Fort Mcmurray
Just bought some of this to try in the AR i got comming. Wondering if its decent ammo, cause towards the neck of the brass, it kinda looks more silver?
 
Its OK ammo. Expect 2-3" groups at 100m. I think the silver color near the neck is from the annealing that they do when they form the brass. Only problem I have with this ammo is the crimped primer pockets which add a step to reloading them.
 
Its not that bad. I find it a little hotter than the Winchester White Box. Accuracy is good for plinking nothing spectacular. I have gone through 2 cases and they all went bang. All the brass was in great shape also. Crimped primer if you reload. Brass is annealed.
 
I use it in my AR, cheap and I don't re-load my AR brass so don't care about the crimp. Probably the best guy I know with an AR got 1-2" groups with my AR (with a 3-9 scope we were playing with) at 100. With handloads he was getting sub 1" easy. For plinking it, the S&B and AE stuff are the way to go.
 
i use it in my xcr, mostly just hosing things down and it all works perfectly, pretty clean too. I cant really comment on accuracy as I only have irons but I get 3-4' at 100y with it. I tossed a friends spare scope on once but it was junk and soon became a target
 
Back
Top Bottom