22LR pocket pistols - did any exist?

Yup. An antique pistol set up in .22WRF would retain antique status. But it is still a more powerful round than many old ones could handle.

Agreed :redface: - you'll be wanting something set-up for (or able to digest) smokeless loads :yingyang: , hence the notion of the converted 1892 "Lebels"....;)
 
Well that's the thing. I don't see why the caliber really has to affect it. The logic is completely flawed: "Your gun was made before 1894? Well then yes, I mean the age itself dictates that......WAIT... JUST a minute..... is that a .22rf? Arrest this man, and his dangerous weapon, unless he registers it, gets an ATT, joins a gun club... How dare he try to make his shooting more convenient" :D

32rf is uber expensive. Heck, even doing a new run of 22lr ammo with specialized loads for old guns would be cheap, as it would be based off existing components (bullets, brass, powders).... Silly gov't.

I still don't get why caliber should determine antique status. I thought it was AGE, as per logic!

32 RF is cheap if you reload it.. It's a pain in the rear to do it though.
 
In that case, I think its time to take a trip down south and buy a few antiques!

The more we get up here the better I say.

He was not very open to the idea of expanding the antique status list.... like I said, he thinks its making us "more safe" somehow...

The real problem of course is not enough of us are consulting them about this and making it known that its illogical/draconian and needs to be fixed (for the better, not worse).

There is no reason why at the very least all pre-1899 guns should be antique status, to put us in line with the U.S. for collector compatibility and legal safety.

Gang Bangers don't want a fricken 120 year old S&W lemon Squeezer... they are getting craptastic plastic guns with prohibited cap mags with ease already.

Just let us collect the old timers in peace.
 
Back
Top Bottom