I am fairly new to precision type shooting and I have never reloaded before but will be in the next little bit.
I am getting a new 6mm Shilen Select Match barrel with 1 in 8 twist chambered in 243win put on my Remington 700 action. From what I understand the 6mm barrel will shoot 243 as it is the same diameter.
I currently use 95 grain Winchester and still have a bunch left I was going to use to break in the barrel.
When I do start to reload in 243, is a 95 grain the way to go or should I go heavier? Planning on some 600 yard shooting and coyote's out to 400-500 yards.
Thanks
I am getting a new 6mm Shilen Select Match barrel with 1 in 8 twist chambered in 243win put on my Remington 700 action. From what I understand the 6mm barrel will shoot 243 as it is the same diameter.
I currently use 95 grain Winchester and still have a bunch left I was going to use to break in the barrel.
When I do start to reload in 243, is a 95 grain the way to go or should I go heavier? Planning on some 600 yard shooting and coyote's out to 400-500 yards.
Thanks


















































