25-20 ammo where can i find it

not really economical plinker round if you don't handload! It is really hard to find of late 25 cal flat nose jackets bullet to reload even, all the stuff I have is old CIL, Dominion bullets I pick up at gunshows, other than that it is off to the casting pot! Great round though, I have a build in mind in the next year or so, will make a great newyears bunny gun!
I have a Rem model 25 in 25-20, fellow who owned it originally said he shot deer at very close range, one shot one kill, back in the war years to feed the family on the farm.What gun are you trying to feed a rifle or handgun? Dale Z!
 
I was in Calgary Wholesale Sports a couple of weeks ago and seen some on a cart , I think they were on sale as the cart had a bunch of other Winchester ammo in it too. Looked like there were at least 10 boxes of the stuff.
 
Ellwood Epps sells it with about a 2 month delivery date and $12 for 50 for empty brass, if my memory is correct. Epps does not post prices on brass but I had a private email from them a few days ago and guess I will buy from him. WSS lists it but has none in stock in Canada as of 2 days ago..

cheers mooncoon
 
Since nobody has mentioned this, I figure it's worth sayin'.

Y'know that there were 2 very different rounds sold as 25-20, right?

25-20 Winchester is the only one that is readily available. OK. Not so readily available, but at least, still produced.

25-20 Single Shot, has a smaller diameter, longer case than the 25-20 Win. Cant use one in the other, so...

25-20SS shows up in Win 1885's, some Stevens single shots, and a few more. 25-20 Win was used in a lot of the same rifles, plus guns like the lever action Winchesters.

Just sayin'. May or may not save you some cash outlay.

For the price of four or five boxes of ammo, you can buy tools and materials to be set up to reload.

Cheers
Trev
 
Back
Top Bottom