25-35 Winchester

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
Sorry no story or pic's. Only questions
Were they that rare? Someone must have had one at my Grandparents, because the empty brass still surface now and again.
But it seems no-one ever has pic's or much experience with them.
Wiki says Winchester brought them out again in 2005, but it must have been a flash in the pan.
Anyone have pic's or experience with this caliber?
 
I had one of the last Win. 94s I think, and it was a 25/35, but the fast twist didn't care for cast bullets so i sold it, and it sold quickly! It is a great caliber, no recoil, just a fun gun.
 
Nice little rifle but apart from shooting at the range not much good for anything. The .30/30,.38/55 and .32 special were all much better deer rounds. I think they are a little more common out west as at one time they were thought to be a pretty good antelope/varmint round. More common as a rifle than a carbine, I think and you can still find ammo.
 
I have pics and experience, but pics are at home and will have to post later today.

I have a 1911/1912 SRC in 25-35. Good old character gun, bore is a little rough when I got it, but I just wanted to have one in the collection and am going to upgrade at some point down the road when I find another. cp:

Anyhow, there is still factory ammo available, I have shot a couple boxes and found that it actually did kick me a bit more for some reason, not sure why or maybe I was having a weak day.

I would personally use it for deer, and like with most of the old 94 rounds, at about 100 yards or less. I haven't used it yet on the hunt, but want to take it out this fall if I get the chance.

My personal opinion derived solely from looking for them for years and monitoring gun sale sites is that 25-35's are more rare than any other calibre and when they do come up, they are gone pretty quick and for a little more money. I have seen two in the last three years, one at an auction from 1916 that had a new/newer barrell on it, and a cut down octagon rifle in a shop. Even at the shows I see more 32-40's than 25 -35's.
 
Back
Top Bottom