25 rimfire

LeroyvdH

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Location
Medicine Hat Ab.
Found a couple of 25 rimfire while cleaning out the father in laws garage.. I'd ask him but dementia has taken it's toll.. I know that the rifle is long gone.. They are the same length as 22lr.. Is there a long and short or just the one size? Interesting for the cartridge colletion
Thanks Leroy
 
I've found a lot of answers about ammo just by going on Google and entering the cartridge information and "ammo" after it. If in doubt enter ".25 rimfire long" and ".25 rimfire short" as well as just ".25 rimfire" and see what turns up.
 
.25 Stevens was made in both long and short versions.
It was an excellent cartridge. I think it is one that would be worth re-introducing. Ammunition does turn up from time to time, but clean, shootable ammunition will be pricey.
 
Thanks for the replies.. It is short ammo.. I would shoot it looks pretty good... In a box inside a pipe tobacco can.. Price on the can was $2.69.. That was a while ago
 
As already mentioned, they are known as .25 Stevens Long and .25 Stevens Short. Have seen them going for up to $3 to $4 a round. Wish I could find some cheap.

2016-05-03%20012a_zpspdpdkcii.jpg


Here they are with .22lr, .22wmr, .25 short, .25 long

IMG_20150328_110846aa1_zpsrfutnefe.jpg
 
Last edited:
I had some of this ammo. Being apparently so hard to find I had a hard time selling it at $80 a box. I did see some shorts at last gun show. I keep coming across decent quality stuff. . Interestingly those guns that can be converted can work nicely with ammo made from .22 hornet brass with .25 cal bullet. Google it. Really cool. I also did have a .25 cal convert to a .22 mag. Was nice gun.
 
Back
Top Bottom