30 06 military surplus

myt30

New member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Location
North of Toronto
Hi guys, this is my first post so I hope I am following the rules. I have a Howa 1550 in 30 06 and I am looking for cheap plinking ammo for it. i found a few websites that sell 3006 mil surplus like this.
http://www.ammogarand.com/3006-m2-fmj-ball-300rds-in-30-can-n3006230030.html

Does anyone know if I can use this ammo in my rifle? also looking for any other places that I can get cheap ammo. Thankyou very much.
 
Yes and no.

Yes, because it will shoot fine in your Howa.

No, because that's an American site and that ammo is not available in Canada.

There is no "cheap" .30-06 in Canada. Surplus is not available in any decent quantities unless you find a bunch at a gunshow from a private seller. It will not be cheap.
 
"...get cheap ammo..." Hi. Cheap and .30-06 ammo don't go together.
I have never seen case lots of surplus .30 M2 ammo. Ever. You might see a box or two at a gun show, but you won't find cases of it.
However, P&D is listing Federal American Eagle brand 150 grain FMJBT's at $199 per 200. Yep. A buck a shot. Plus shipping. Shipping ammo is expensive too.
Wolverine Supplies and SFRC are Prvi Partizan dealer. Prvi ammo is usually reasonably priced. SFRC wants $429 for 500 rounds of reloadable Prvi 150 grain FMJ's. Sold out, of course. No hunting with that though.
Reloading is the way to go.
 
"...get cheap ammo..." Hi. Cheap and .30-06 ammo don't go together.
I have never seen case lots of surplus .30 M2 ammo. Ever. You might see a box or two at a gun show, but you won't find cases of it.
However, P&D is listing Federal American Eagle brand 150 grain FMJBT's at $199 per 200. Yep. A buck a shot. Plus shipping. Shipping ammo is expensive too.
Wolverine Supplies and SFRC are Prvi Partizan dealer. Prvi ammo is usually reasonably priced. SFRC wants $429 for 500 rounds of reloadable Prvi 150 grain FMJ's. Sold out, of course. No hunting with that though.
Reloading is the way to go.

X2 Roll your own, I buy bulk Frontier CP .308 bullets from Higginson and scrounge the range for .30-06 brass. Can't get much cheaper than that.
 
"...scrounge the range for .30-06 brass..." Isn't a good thing to use brass that you have no idea what has been done to it, how many times or if it has been reloaded, by who or with what.
Reloading is the way to go with any cf cartridge.
 
"...scrounge the range for .30-06 brass..." Isn't a good thing to use brass that you have no idea what has been done to it, how many times or if it has been reloaded, by who or with what.
Reloading is the way to go with any cf cartridge.

Reloading is quite rare by the members at my range so 99% of it is 1X fired. Being located in the oil patch, a lot of guys here have more money than time. Last month I picked 60 pieces of Win .45-70 from the brass bucket, truely X-Mas in July!!
 
Back
Top Bottom