.30 rimfire options

Bowie

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Anyone have any experience loading for .30 rimfire? I was thinking about machining brass to take a blank, similar to the .32 rimfire cartridges. The bullet is a bit of an oddball though.
Do you think a Remington smoot would withstand the pressures of .17 mach2 if relined?

Any other ideas to make it shootable?
 
You can't reload rimfire cartridges.
A Remington Smoot is worth far too much money as a collector's piece to fool around with. Collector's Source is listing one, in .30 Rimfire, at $1695Cdn.
 
I make 30rf from cut down 22 Hornet cases. I made a bullet mold that casts a .30 cal healed base bullet for it. I use Hilti loads will the powder dumped out as rimfire primers. Works pretty well. I load the case with Pyrodex "P" powder but have also used BP. I may still have some pictures of the mold and completed ammo. I had pictures posted on here before but didn't sign in for a couple of years and ended up losing many of my old posts. My 30rf is a Colt Newline.
 
th_WeenieandLola007.jpg


th_WeenieandLola005.jpg


th_WeenieandLola006.jpg


th_WeenieandLola011.jpg


th_WeenieandLola009.jpg
 
You can't reload rimfire cartridges.
A Remington Smoot is worth far too much money as a collector's piece to fool around with. Collector's Source is listing one, in .30 Rimfire, at $1695Cdn.

There is also one listed on here for $200. The question is not whether or not my project is out of your budget, but rather on the technical aspects of it.
I am also fully aware of the differences between rimfire vs. centerfire cartridges.
 
Back
Top Bottom