S sinsin New member Rating - 100% 50 0 0 Location ont Oct 17, 2010 #1 Hello, I have 300 rounds of 308 Nato 7.62 on the box it says CBC , I just did a little reading and it is NFG, so what should I do with it? Dan
Hello, I have 300 rounds of 308 Nato 7.62 on the box it says CBC , I just did a little reading and it is NFG, so what should I do with it? Dan
JaysonCraig CGN frequent flyer GunNutz Rating - 100% 18 0 0 Location Vancouver Oct 17, 2010 #2 nfg in what regards? over loaded? high ftf rate? extraction probs???? salvage it into parts. bullet, brass, powder ?
nfg in what regards? over loaded? high ftf rate? extraction probs???? salvage it into parts. bullet, brass, powder ?
Brordo CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rating - 99.3% 136 1 0 Location BC Oct 17, 2010 #3 There's another thread that deals with this specific issue...(and what to do) http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525933
There's another thread that deals with this specific issue...(and what to do) http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525933
bear.23 CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rating - 100% 187 0 0 Location Canso, NS Oct 17, 2010 #4 What does the headstamp say and why do you say it's NFG....
Stevo CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rating - 100% 125 0 0 Location NW Alberta Oct 17, 2010 #5 Before he edited his post it said the headstamp is CBC 75. It's dangerous stuff.
S sunray BANNED BANNED BANNED Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Location Londinium Oct 17, 2010 #6 Read the 'headstamps' post.
bear.23 CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rating - 100% 187 0 0 Location Canso, NS Oct 17, 2010 #7 I've looked at the other thread and yep he should do what it says..
M mhenn1965 Regular Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Oct 18, 2010 #8 Break it down to it's components and reload it with a safe powder charge
LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1 CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rating - 100% 28 0 0 Location Alberta Oct 19, 2010 #9 Yep, pull the bullet with a collet puller, and replace the mystery powder with a known modern powder.
Yep, pull the bullet with a collet puller, and replace the mystery powder with a known modern powder.