.308 gone bad!?

limit time

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Location
Cliffs of Dover
While I was out shooting today, I found theses .308 cases.( only found two a foot apart) Now I'm new to reloading and this looks like a bad roll job, but I could be wrong. I hope no one was hurt if this is the case:p Maybe someone can shed some light to these.

DSCN1965.jpg


DSCN1961.jpg


DSCN1977.jpg


DSCN1960.jpg
 
Blanks? The primers look pretty punched out of them too. Odd.

That's because of the grossly excess headspace of the 30-06 chamber allowing the cases to move forward under the firing pin strike and giving room for the primers to back out. I would also guess that pressures were way lower than usual with the extra room in the chamber, which also contributes to primers backing out.


Mark
 
The 308 was designed to be fired safely from the 30'06. That is to say, it was designed with the possibility in mind, since the 308 was being introduced to the military along side the 30'06. It's not accurate, or good for the rifle in any way, but it probably won't kill you.

Anyone who does it on purpose it being an idiot.
 
Back
Top Bottom