32.cal flintlock kit?

thehunterman

Regular
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
NB
anybody know where I can find one? I have been looking for a winter project and one of these seems pretty fun.I found a bunch on the american Cabelas,can those be shipped across the border in kit form?
or are ther other places to buy them here in canada?
Thanks,
Hunter.
 
I've never owned a rifle with small a bore but I think it would foul up pretty fast. Perhaps someone with experience may put my concerns to rest. I have a 40 caliber and I can shoot a trail walk with no fouling issues.
 
Echoing what Steve says, I had a 32, it fouled so bad you have to swab between every shot, also had trouble finding 310 ball for it.I ordered a kit from the US and had no problem having it shipped. I bought a 40 cal Kentucky style, 40 " swamped barrel, just love shooting it.
Enjoy your winter project,
Cheers nessy
 
32 cal

i shoot a .38 original with no fouling issues and the wife shoots .36 and again no issues. i think as long as you use reasonably strong loads in fffg they clear themselves fairly well. i use 40 grains and the wife 35 g
 
I shoot what I think is an early Dixie poor boy in 32 cal. I use spit patches and double O buckshot for ball. I don't have any particular problem with fouling but I am tempted to recommend something a little larger say in the 36 to 40 cal range. I find the 32 is a bit of nuisance cleaning because everything has to be small. It is the only gun that I use a plastic ramrod for loading because I am worried about breaking a wood one. On all my other guns I use wooden ramrods.
The gun is also fairly fussy about powder charge and does not like light charges. I use 30 grains of 3F in mine for best accuracy

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom