.32 rimfire antiques...where to start??

saskgunowner101

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Location
middle of Sask
Thinking about getting into antiques and most likely 32 rimfire revolvers. The question is, what do I need to know? Does anyone know of any good sites to check out? Which particular models are low end and what I need to look for. TIA
 
Gun Broker is a place to buy them, Joe Salter has some as well.

You can Watch the EE here for them.

Do you want Solid Frame Double Action, Or single action Spur trigger?.

Colt New lines are the nicest spur triggers In my opinion.

Forehand and Wadsworths are the nicest Solid Frame Double actions In my opinion.

Harrington and Richardson and Hopkin and Allen DA's are decent, I'v had acouple that were fairly accurate for pocket guns.

I'v owned two Iver Johnson bulldogs, didnt care for them much, but maybe just me.

300-500 can get you a good solid spur trigger, many companies to choose from. around 800 and up for a good Colt new line.

400 and up for a decent to nice solid frame double action .32 rimfire.

Hope this information helps.
 
Start with ammunition!

read Andy's excellent post about roll-your-own .32RF rounds

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545754

I'm about to try this, I've got all the bits and a big bag of .32 short Colt brass (new Winchester, lots around at $19/100).

Saves factory rounds for ... whatever it is we're saving $3 bullets for. At that price, we just save 'em.

More adventures to follow soon!
 
I have a H&R DA that im thinking of selling soon.
Nice little DA guns.
Has a RCMP Antique letter.
I just bought a Remy elliot in 32 Rf and cant wait to get it. i know its only 4 shots but i like the idea of the DA set up and the look of the sharps and Remy elliot type pistols.
There just strong looking units.
 
If you can't hit a 5 inch target at 10 yards then you either forgot the Lee liquid alox or your aim is off. If your gun won't do its part, it needs work! My rimfires seem to group low, but they all group. It's easay to hold a bit higher. The .310 Hornady seems fine and froups as well as Dominion factory with a brown Hilti #1. Green #3 seems to scatter more.

I shot the. 310 ball from a Colt new pocket centerfire using unmodified brass and she's a tack driver. I was shooting outside without my camera but next week I'll post some loads and pictures.
 
Back
Top Bottom