.32 Rimfire

Hi
I thought that this was such a great idea that I tried it. Here is the result,this image of my .32 rimfire revolver cylinder with a 00 buck on one of the chambers, also is 00 buck on the mouth of a H&C brass case. there is no way that ball will go into that case and if I did force it, it would be near impossible to get it in the chamber, I checked and Hornady does make small swaged lead balls in .310 and.315 dia. the H&C bullets are advertised as .316 dia. there is also a photo of two recovered H&C .32 bullets with a 00 buck as well for comparison, the rifling marks are clearly visible and a .315 dia round ball may work as well.

00buck.jpg


00buck2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yes. 00B works just fine in the 32 rf guns.

Then again...:redface:...are you sure you didn't mean to use "single ought" 0 buckshot :confused: , b/c that has a diameter of 8.1mm which is roughly .319 diameter ? .......:yingyang:

I mean, a .32 rimfire bullet is supposedly .313 in diameter, and the .320 British centrefire is supposed to take rounds that are .317 in calibre.....please let me know what I'm failing to comprehend here !....:cheers:
 
Last edited:
You are likely correct. It's been a long couple weeks LOL. IIRC the roundballs I used were very close to 32 caliber. The slight oversize is not an issue as the roundball doesn't cause much pressure increase.
 
Back
Top Bottom