.32 Short help

04rubicon

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
My hunting buddy and best friend has a Stevens Favorite in .32 short. I am to understand that this is an obsolete rimfire cartridge. Is there anywhere I can get a few rounds for this old girl? I'd love to see it come to deer camp next year and even if it is just to shoot cans with I know it would make my buddy's day. As always I appreciate the help from my fellow gunnutz
 
I make reloadable cases for them that use a 22 or 27 blank as a primer. If you find good clean original ammo right now you'll pay about $3 per shot. Either way they aren't super cheap to shoot.....
 
I'm damn near out of the 27 ones. $5 each. You need to find the brown hiltis IIRC as they are the lightest. You're into the DA 32's though and they don't always hit hard enough to fire the harder brass casing on the 27 blanks (the original 32 ammo and 22 acorns are soft copper)
 
what do you reload them with for a bullet? are the .27s and no powder sufficient?
i want to get a .32 but i want to make sure i can reload for it...
 
i just bought a antique 32 short colt heeled bullet mold I'm planning on making up some bullets to sell on the E.E.
i still have to to a test run on the mold first and come up with a price.
 
i just bought a antique 32 short colt heeled bullet mold I'm planning on making up some bullets to sell on the E.E.
i still have to to a test run on the mold first and come up with a price.

intresting!

let us know how that goes.
 
Not to help hijack a guys post but I would be into getting some of those healed bullets, I have about 6 .32's now and a .25 The .25 is suprisingly easy to load, just a .25 cal ball and a .25 blank, no adapter needed. I have some of 870's adapters, they work good, I got the .22 ones and I fire them with a .22 short blank. But I need bullets as the balls are well balls.
 
The trick here will being finding 32 short colt dies to load your 32 rf cases. I have no doubt that accuracy may be better with a heeled bullet though rather than the round balls I typically use.
 
Back
Top Bottom