.32 Teatfire revolver

JTF#

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 99.6%
224   1   0
Location
Ontario
i picked this little moores .32 teatfire revolver up at the Woodstock gun show on sunday. the trigger was missing the spring so I took a spring out of the scissors on my multi-tool and cut it down and it works perfect.
I really love these old brass frame revolvers.




 
Last edited:
Nice little gun, do you know who made it? Almost looks like a Colt open top design.
Are you going to shoot it??? I am betting ammo is pretty scarce but maybe reloading is possible.
 
Thanks. its something to keep in mind if you get one of these little .32s with a broken spring. I bet its cheaper to buy the tool then it is to buy a replacement spring!

it was made by moores
funny you should say it looks like a colt because the moores company was bought out by them in 1870.
I don't think firing it would be an option because the teat fire rounds can go for $20 +. the bore is in really good shape but the chambers are rusted. it might be hard to actually get the round in the gun.
 
I used to have one and tried making the spring you describe. I seem to recall it had a double action; one part for the trigger and one part for the hand. It defeated my abilities to make one. I eventually traded the gun off because it is one of the few cartridges that I cannot think of how to make, in order to shoot it

cheers mooncoon
 
You would have to machine out brass cases and drill out the little nipple on the end, fill it with strike anywhere tops and put an anvil in there of some sort.

Doable but extremely labor intensive and the priming compound again would be corrosive.

If I had a lathe I would do it just to say I did.
 
the funny thing is that its pitted outside but inside the barrel is very good. i am glad people ignore these little guns. it makes it easy and cheaper for me to collect them :)

i have no idea how u could make a round for it. almost have to put a round ended rod in a brass tube then heat it up and form it around the rod to get that shape going.
 
the funny thing is that its pitted outside but inside the barrel is very good. i am glad people ignore these little guns. it makes it easy and cheaper for me to collect them :)

i have no idea how u could make a round for it. almost have to put a round ended rod in a brass tube then heat it up and form it around the rod to get that shape going.


Yeah it's doable but only as an experiment sort of deal, it would be very time consuming. Strike anywhere tips do work as a primer however, I have successfully reloaded a .32 and .38 Rimfire Cartridge with it.
 
Really, the only way to make the ammo for these would be to copy the factory stuff.

The original casings were DRAWN thin Copper with the 'teat' at one end and the other end flared because you loaded the gun from the FRONT. Looked for all the world like an oversize boob for a Mouse! The Bullet was looking right at you in the open front end of the cartridge, fully enclosed in the casing. Sealing was some kind of wax, from the look of it. I only have 1 round.

The thin Copper 'teat' contained the priming compound, which likely was Mercury Fulminate: very nasty and treacherous stuff with which to work.

These are a NEAT little revolver. I missed a really nice one a few years ago for 200 because I didn't have the horoschy.

Of course, if Janice were to see one of these, likely she would sell ME to get the money!

VERY nice TOY!
 
I have this Moores, (Williamson), all the frames were silver plated. Most had blued cylinders and barrels, this one was full plated. The gun works well, bore is even good. They were a well made thing. I haven't figured out how to shoot it yet, it's easier to use something else.
 
A while back a fellow had one for sale on the EE under the Antiques heading. He also had about 30 to 35 rounds of .32 Teatfire ammo for it. The fellow was 'Phildude'. He may be able to help with some info.
 
they go for about $200-$500. I seen one with its full silver plating and it was going for I think $399? I would have to check the gun out in person to make sure it wasn't re plated at some time as 99% of these little guns never retain there full finish.

but $200-$500 max.
 
Back
Top Bottom