.32 Win Special commonly available?

mikeg81

Regular
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello all,

I have a line on a Winchester 94 in .32 Win Spl.

Is it common to find factory ammo for it? I can't start reloading for awhile, so I am limited in that regard.

Thanks,

mikeg81
 
My father had the same gun since he was a kid. Now my bro has it. It is a nice bun, but the .32 Win special was a less commercially successful cartridge that while commonly available wasn't as popular as the 30-30.

It is a sweet bush gun that is small light and hits deer the way it is supposed to. I've seen cartridges at BassPro and Lebarons, but it seems to me like fewer and fewer are carrying it.There just isn't as much demand for it.

I'd still get it if I were you. I was pissed when my bro got the gun for Christmas one day. I consoled myself with the car my dad gave me.
 
Winchester, Remington, Federal & Hornady all load the 32 Special.
It's been "common" for over a 100 yerars.

Just about any decent sporting goods / gun store stocks it - or shouldn't have
any trouble at all getting it for you.

CTC / Wal-Mart ... you've got to be kidding.
 
23

Winchester, Remington, Federal & Hornady all load the 32 Special.
It's been "common" for over a 100 yerars.

Just about any decent sporting goods / gun store stocks it - or shouldn't have
any trouble at all getting it for you.

CTC / Wal-Mart ... you've got to be kidding.

I just bought a clearance on 32 Special at CT here in Edmonton, Its popularity is waning to say the least. FS
 
gotta chuckle when someone says the cartidge wasn't commercially successful. Certainly not as popular as the 30-30 but over a 100 years on the shelves!!! and only starting to slow at this point even with all the many new offerings out there. I suspect it will be around for many years yet before it becomes a handloaders only offering.
 
Both Epp's and Shooter's Choice list it. Shooter's Choice is listing Remington 170 grain SP's at $30.95 per 20. Should be easy enough to get.
 
I like both the .32 Sp. and the .32/40, I handload them with 200gr. flat pts. and they actually have more punch then the 30/30, these bullets are avail. to the handloader.
 
I like both the .32 Sp. and the .32/40, I handload them with 200gr. flat pts. and they actually have more punch then the 30/30, these bullets are avail. to the handloader.

Again, I can't handload for awhile. But I have read of the potential of the .32 when handloaded.
 
Hornady has the 32 Special in their Leverevolution ammo. The ballistics are exceptional and gives you a whole lot more range. According to the charts, up to 300 yards. I have a mid-50's 94 in a 32 and would never part with it.
 
gotta chuckle when someone says the cartidge wasn't commercially successful. Certainly not as popular as the 30-30 but over a 100 years on the shelves!!! and only starting to slow at this point even with all the many new offerings out there. I suspect it will be around for many years yet before it becomes a handloaders only offering.

The clearance ammo that i bought looked like it had been on the shelf for 10 of those 100 years. FS
 
Back
Top Bottom