357 mag Cadet from down under

Tlake

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Location
Pickering on
Hello
I just picked this up today and was wondering what's it worth. Bore is clean with good rifling no pitting no pitting or rust on metal some body messed with the butt as seen in pic. Smooth action. Was curious on its worth.
Thanks tony

81a62b63.jpg

cf137a8b.jpg


ecfe842a.jpg


611bd50d.jpg


ecfe842a.jpg


170aec8f.jpg


4cc94dfa.jpg


7e784f33.jpg


639fa966.jpg

and then the mess on the butt. What a butt head
8733711f.jpg
 
Last edited:
It's a .310 Cadet rifle re-chambered to .357. I would say value wise around $300-450$. Not as common here as some places, but a neat little gun.In the same category as most other "Bubba-ed" military rifles. If you ever plan to sell please let me know, I have a bit of a martini thing going on.
 
Back when the Maritni Cadet rifles were being sold off surplus for $9.95, they couldn't give them away in .310 Cadet. Some were rebored to .357, others to .32 Winchester Special.
 
As mentioned, its a Martini Cadet action not a rolling block.

At one time the action was quite sought after for all sorts of projects such as .22 Hornets and other fun little cartridges. The metal all seems good and I would think that there must be nicer wood available someplace. As it is it would be a fun little rabbit gun or possibly even a short range deer rifle in the right hands.

My guess is that you should have no trouble getting $350 for it and maybe closer to $450 or $500 on the right day.
 
Nice! I have an original .310 Cadet, which I really must get Ron Smith to rebore to .357 before he retires as I think he's the only guy in Canada who does it.

That's the first one I've seen with a barrel band ahead of the knox form. The band doesn't look original. Does yours have the steel latch under the bottom of the forearm that latches into the bottom of the receiver? If not, it may be that the extra barrel band is to hold the foream on. Also a bit odd (and too bad, as removing it would shorten the stock) that someone added a hefty recoil pad, which is hardly needed with the .357 cartridge.

Hopefully you're going to go out and shoot it and give us a range report. (HINT, HINT!)

:) Stuart
 
I believe the op recently sold that rifle in the EE.
Nice! I have an original .310 Cadet, which I really must get Ron Smith to rebore to .357 before he retires as I think he's the only guy in Canada who does it.

That's the first one I've seen with a barrel band ahead of the knox form. The band doesn't look original. Does yours have the steel latch under the bottom of the forearm that latches into the bottom of the receiver? If not, it may be that the extra barrel band is to hold the foream on. Also a bit odd (and too bad, as removing it would shorten the stock) that someone added a hefty recoil pad, which is hardly needed with the .357 cartridge.

Hopefully you're going to go out and shoot it and give us a range report. (HINT, HINT!)

:) Stuart
 
Back
Top Bottom