357 Rem Max

RobertMcC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
198   0   0
Location
Martimes
So I figured I buy a box to fire a few rounds of it though my TC Contender, I fired 357 Mag out of the same barrel with more jump in it then my S&W 28-2, What type of wack to the wrist am I gonna expect with the 357 Rem Max?


Funny story I was getting the ammo, I asked for 357 Max, the older guy started to grab a box of 357 Mag, I was like no no, 357 Rem Max, He pops his head up from under the counter, WHAT? People still have those. I was like Yeah I just bought a TC Contender and I wanted to see what 357 Rem Max was like. Then we started to talk about how nice of guns they are etc.

I think I shocked him though when I asked for that cal.

So I got 20rds of Rem 158 JHP 357 Rem Max, I wont use it all up just wanted to pop off a round or two. Spec are 1825 FPS and About 1150 FT LBS.
 
So I figured I buy a box to fire a few rounds of it though my TC Contender, I fired 357 Mag out of the same barrel with more jump in it then my S&W 28-2, What type of wack to the wrist am I gonna expect with the 357 Rem Max?


Funny story I was getting the ammo, I asked for 357 Max, the older guy started to grab a box of 357 Mag, I was like no no, 357 Rem Max, He pops his head up from under the counter, WHAT? People still have those. I was like Yeah I just bought a TC Contender and I wanted to see what 357 Rem Max was like. Then we started to talk about how nice of guns they are etc.

I think I shocked him though when I asked for that cal.

So I got 20rds of Rem 158 JHP 357 Rem Max, I wont use it all up just wanted to pop off a round or two. Spec are 1825 FPS and About 1150 FT LBS.
out of a 14 inch barrel not bad.
 
Buy several boxes and get a deal from Del Delins' Gunsmithing, a dealer on this board. He has a lot of it. bearhunter
 
Heres it next to .38 Spl

Woah.jpg


out of a 14 inch barrel not bad.

Actually I got a 10" barrel.

TCCont.jpg
 
Recoil with a 10" and 158 grain bullets is not bad--it was designed to provide flatter trajectory and more down-range wack for metallic silhouette shooting--with less recoil than the 41 and 44 mags. In revolvers the round was reported to cause unacceptable levels of gas cutting on the frame and would also erode the forcing cone area of the barrel.

We had excellent success with the TC and Dan Wesson revolvers shooting RCBS 180/200 grain gas check cast bullets.

44Bore
 
I fired a few rounds of the Rem 158 Semi JHP, 28$ a box it cost me, Then I seen the 10 boxes of the same ammo for 89.99 + Taxes and shipping from a dealer here and was WOAH, Would been cheaper, Under 28.00 a box. Actually its not bad at all. It packs a punch if you don't hold it right. Biggest cal I got in a pistol.

I order and received new grips for it. Looks nice on it.

Yeah I seen my barrel after I clean it and I could see the gas cutting around the throat of the chamber.

I found out don't shoot steel with those rounds, I warped a steel target and dug the jacket in good and tight. I'll take pliers out next time to pull it out.
 
Is the dealer who sells 357 maximum ammo located in BC called Del Selin Gunsmith Ltd 250-545-6413?

Any suggestions on where I can find grips for a Dan Wesson 357 SuperMag?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom