.36 cal penetration pics

Gasoline boy

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
19   0   1
Just incase any one was wondering how much power .36 cal black has. This is 15.5 gr of goex fff in my pietta with a 7 in barrel. Deepest is 1&1/4 at 15 yds into maple.
3d19e228.jpg
 
I would really like to shoot at things like that but it is verboten at my range so thanks for sharing the pictures. Next test would be how thick a sheet of steel will it go through and it would be interesting to know if soft lead will ricochet.
 
Good test! That's lots enough power. How far were you from the target?
I was trying some .30 rim fire in a 2 & 1/4 in. barrel, with treated spruce 6x6 in my backstop. At about 15 ft., I could pick the bullets out with my thumb nail. But they'd still realy hurt.
 
Good test! That's lots enough power. How far were you from the target?
I was trying some .30 rim fire in a 2 & 1/4 in. barrel, with treated spruce 6x6 in my backstop. At about 15 ft., I could pick the bullets out with my thumb nail. But they'd still realy hurt.
IIRC about 7 yards or so for myself. I've also tried 38 rimfire loaded with 9mm flobert ball ammunition, improvised with a tiny bit of smokeless pistol powder in the small case. At about 3 feet I had maybe 1/2 inch penetration. (3 3/4" barrel) Yeah, not inspiring.
 
At the same distance the .36 cal balls just pancake and drop to the ground when shot at 1/4 inch steel plate. Doesn't even dent the plate. Just leaves a small round mark. I will try some lite ga. Sheet today and some pine for comparison.
 
Thanks Gasoline Boy for your post. I never thought to ask about your RB bullets and steel of any kind because I can think back to many youthful experiments as a teenager using a 12 gauge with foster slugs on similar targets. Predicatable results IMO.

Cheers!
 
Back
Top Bottom