.40 Cal FMJ Round Nose ?

jackpine

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
184   0   0
Location
Windsor, On,
Has anyone ever seen or heard of a .40/10MM bullet in a conventional round nose full metal jacket design, factory loaded or available as a component to handloaders ?
I believe I understand why the round nose flat point is and has been the norm for this caliber as case lengths and thus overall maximum lengths for the .40 S&W and the 10 MM Auto cases likely would limit bullet weight to 155 grains or less in a round nose profile that dominated the autoloader scene until the .40 caliber appeared.
Just wondering.
 
The only round nose I have seen are cast bullets. Federal loaded a 180 LRN in 10mm Auto at one time and it's fairly easy to find .40 LRN bullets from companies like Cactus Plains. I'd imagine a jacketed bullet may lead to feeding probelms as you suggested.
 
The .40 S&W is usually sold, Stateside, as self-defense ammo. JHP's are the norm for that. However, Federal loads 155, 165 and 180 grain RNFMJ's under their American Eagle brand. They call 'em 'Indoor Range Training' ammo. Haven't a clue if they're available in Canada though.
Speer makes the same weights in a TMJ, but they're flat nosed.
 
40 cal x 180 rn bullets

cUSTOM AMMO ( CUSTOM RELOADING SERVICE INC ) HAS A STOCK OF THE BERRY'S 40 CAL X 180 R.N. BULLETS IN STOCK
SEE THEM IN THE DEALERS FORUM

$114.00/1000 PLUS TAXES AND SHIPPING.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.

CURESE (JOHN)
 
Back
Top Bottom