40 S&W | What ammo should I buy?

But ammo in your caliber :D
Get several boxes of different cheaper ammo and see how it shoots, save brass if you plan on reloading down the road.
 
i bought 1,000 rounds of reloads - whatever was there that was cheap. the very first round my gun saw was a reload, and i doubt it'll ever see a new factory load. i pull the trigger, the gun goes bang, the paper goes ouch, and i go wheee!!!!
 
Well I want to avoid the cheapest as my Dad always said: "Son, you get what you pay for. You pay shi*, you get shi*". But I was never able to find what was the "*" letter.

Seriously I want to know what is the best I can get for the price.

Thanks!
 
Personally I only feed my gun factory ammo unless I really really really trust the person reloading. I've come across some bad reloads in my short years as a shooter. Congrats on the M&P .40!!! I bought mine a year ago and I like it alot.... But still not as much as my Sig. :p
 
Last edited:
40 s&w 180 GR TMG CF. im lucky enough to have a local guy that realoads lawman. $17.00 for 50. never had one issue, must have put a few thousands through her. Congrats on your buy... i love mine.
 
If you're not reloading, you'll have to try a box of as many brands and bullet weights as you can to find the ammo your pistol shoots best. The price of said ammo means nothing. Shooting factory ammo or reloading jacketed bullets gets expensive quickly.
Reloading lets you tailor the ammo for your pistol. Less expensively, but not so much if you use jacketed bullets.
"...never able to find what was the "*" letter..." That's because cussing isn't allowed on internet forums.
 
Back
Top Bottom