.41 colt. Ammo? Conversion?

gastonglock

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 88%
20   3   2
Hey guys,
I've got a .41 colt revolver. Does anybody make this ammo still?

I posted a thread about sleeving it down to a different caliber but didn't get a clear answer. Now I'm thinking that I could have dummy cartridge addapters made up so I could shoot .25acp.... Thoughts?

Thanks.
 
You can reload for that caliber... Budget Shooter Supply has the stuff..

Depending on what revolver you have.. will depend on the type of ammo you want to shoot. If you have an 1877 Thunderer, then you want to stick with something light, maybe even black powder. Actually, I would stay with light stuff unless I had a Colt SAA in .41

Be happy with your .41. Its one of the true "Antique" calibers in Canada.
 
There is some cowboy 41LC floating around but haven't seen it in Canada.

Got myself a 41LC Antique and have gotten the supplies to reload it. It's a little more involved than modern cartridges but lots of info on the web.

For example, you can use 38Spl brass and form it instead of tracking down 41LC stuff. Way easier but like the TW said, Budget has lots of supplies.
 
It's not that formidable to reload for. Just start hunting for supplies now.
It's a pretty substantial cartridge, quite handily surpasses 38 special.
I'm guessing you have an 1892? 1889's are rare but not as rare as Peacemaker's.
I cast my own bullets and load with 4.5 gr of Unique. It works good for me and it's way cool to go to the dugout with and shoot tin cans in the evening. That alone is worth the hassle of casting and reloading.
 
Back
Top Bottom