41 Long Colt Dies

pageophile

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Location
Edmonchuk, AB
Hello gents,

Was going to post this in the reloading forum but most of the 41 Long Colt talk goes on here.

I picked up my first antique (41LC ;) ) a little while back and have been putting together the needed reloading components.

A CGN user supplied me the bullets (thx Jethunter) and after reading the forums decided to hold off on the dedicated 41LC brass and use fire formed 38 Special (thx CGN Members!).

However, couldn't find a set of dies in country. Missed out on a Lee Loader set on eBay. So I decided to bite the bullet and order a set of Redding Dies from Stateside.

Found them on www dot buffaloarms dot com, did some reading and they seem to be well thought of.

Placed my order, a bit over 100 with shipping (S&H was a tad over 30 OUCH!!!) and sat back to wait the typical 2 to 4 weeks that it usually takes from the USofA.

To my surprise, the dies arrived today . . . 6 days after I placed my order. While the S&H was pricey it was worth it IMHO for the quick turn around!

I usually have to wait longer for a Canadian shipment.

So if you need 41LC dies or other "old" stuff give Buffalo Arms a try. They did A OK by me.
 
Buffalo Arms is excellent, and shipping is lower price if you select USPS First Class International. I bought 3 Lyman lubrisizer dies and shipping was $6 and took 10 days. fantastic people to deal with especially for cast bullet stuff.
 
Great to hear about Buffalo arms.. Its good to have options..

If anyone is looking to purchase .41 dies from a Canadian Dealer, Henry @ Budget carries them (as well as lead and brass).
 
Back
Top Bottom